Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Adventure Begins

Our journey to the Land of the Morning Calm began yesterday. TMO (Traffic Management Office) picked up Snuffles's "Unaccompanied Baggage", which is a limited weight amount of items that will arrive in Korea first. The most basic of necessary items, including a coffee pot and some pillows and blankets.

We spent today running around working on getting my no-fee passport, scheduling a date for TMO to pick up the rest of our HHG (House Hold Goods), get Snuffles's car tuned up to sell, getting my car cleaned to sell.

Before the middle of June, Snuffles will arrive in Korea ahead of me. Once he has secured an apartment and I have received my no-fee passport, I too will be headed over!

Given the nature of
Snuffles's work and other factors, we anticipate living off-base in a typical Korean apartment. As soon as I have photos, I will post them here.

The advantage to living on base is central air conditioning. If we have to, we will live on base but both of us prefer to live off base. Not sure of
Snuffles's reasoning, but for me, I am of the opinion (for now!) that if I am going to live in a country, I want to fully experience it.

I owe a lot of thanks to my parents for allowing me to store my antiques at their house while we are living overseas. And to my son for all of his help in getting those antiques up to Austin!

That is all that I have for now but I hope to update this blog weekly, if not daily.

No comments: