Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Confidence Instilled? Negative!

I managed to get in touch with the passport guy today!! Minor victory. Very minor.

When I said I was calling because it had been three weeks, he said "Why are you calling? It takes five to six weeks!!"

I reminded him that he said it could come as early as three weeks and he had told me that I could call. He agreed to "check the status", whatever that means. He came back on the line and said, "Negative."

Then he said he would be emailing my husband next week. I asked why he would be emailing him. He said, "To tell him that your passport is here." Oooookay. I asked if he had Snuffle's new email address as he was already in Korea.

Passport guy said "YOU'RE the dependent?!" Um, yeah. "He's navy, right?" NO.

*sigh*

So somewhere, somehow, a navy guy in the United Kingdom with a Lackland AFB email address will be notified that my passport is in.

Passport guy DID "okay" me to call him next week. How very gracious.

Not that I want to leave my family and friends here in the States but I will be joyfully gleeful when I have that passport in my hands!!

No comments: