Monday, June 2, 2008

Another Busy Day

Still chugging along. I got up early to drive Snuffles to the airport for his short visit with his folks, so now I have a little over three days to really buckle down and get everything sorted and organized for the move. It's so much easier when I don't have to accommodate someone else or work around them.

I picked up my friend Deb today (THANKS, DEB!!) and she went with me to pick up
Snuffles's car from the garage. All tuned up and ready to go to it's new owner! Look like it will be another week and a half before I turn it over to the new owner.

We also stopped at Goodwill where I found a small skillet for a buck which I will use after all my kitchenware has been packed out. I'm going to hit another Goodwill and maybe some yard sales this week as well to find another cheap saucepan so that I can do some cooking after everything is gone. For a dollar, I can afford to use it for a week or two and then throw it out!

After a delicious lunch at Red Lobster, I hit WalMart (I do NOT like that place because of their business practices, but when in need . . .) and found vacuum cleaner bags for my machine. I swear, every time I buy a new vacuum cleaner, I get the one with the bags that are impossible to find! But find them I did and I bought seven packs of three. Hopefully that is enough to keep me in vacuum cleaner bags while I am in Korea.

After WalMart, I came back home and got to work! Today's project has been the kitchen. Moving everything that is to be shipped to Korea into the former sewing room, and keeping everything for storage in the kitchen.

I am just now realizing how much STUFF I have! Especially kitchen stuff! For years, after a jar candle is all used up, I clean it out and then use the jar for storage. I sure do have a lot of them!! Most will go into storage and then I will have the world's most organized house when I return to the States.

So slowly but surely I am chipping away at all that needs to be done. It is my goal to get everything out of the bathrooms and bedroom for the movers, just to simplify the whole process. Then I need to sort through the "get rid of pile" and determine which items I will take to the thrift store on base to sell and which items will go to Goodwill.

The fun never ends!!

1 comment:

Missy Ann said...

Well, it will once you have lived in Korea for about a month by which the novelity will have worn off and you are stone faced bored.

Believe me I'll find a way to get you to come back to the states... I'll find a way!