Friday, June 6, 2008

Ease On Down The Road

I was sure whiney yesterday! Sorry about that. Just the exhaustion catching up I guess.

Today was return the rental car day.







I sure did hate to let that awesome little car go back to the rental company but what can you do?

I realized yesterday evening - late, very late - that I had missed two phone calls from the moving company regarding our items to be shipped to Korea!! They were calling to schedule a time to come and survey our belongings in order to bring enough packing material and manpower to get the job done. Oops! I called them first thing this morning and they were very nice and had someone out within the hour. The surveyor was such a wonderful woman and it looks like everything is in very capable hands.

Snuffles ran out to do some errands today and returned home with a new PSP (Play Station Portable). Boys and their toys! It is a very convenient hand held system though and will provide a good diversion on the long flight overseas.

Right now Snuffles is taking down the wall braces for the shelves he had installed; better him than me!

Earlier this evening we ran out to the other side of town. My friend is leaving on a vacation tomorrow with her two kids, her friend, and her friend's two kids. Seeing as we have already sent all of our DVDs on ahead to Korea, I have no use really for the portable DVD player we own so I passed that on to my friend. Hopefully they will have a smooth trip and with two DVD players for the kids to use, I think they will enjoy the journey.

After meeting up with my friend, we decided to go to a restaurant called Gypsy on the north side of town. On the way there, we stopped at a GameStop store to browse their PSP games and movies and found a few that we wanted. I picked up three movies: Stealth, Labyrinth and The Fifth Element. Then on to dinner!

What a fabulous meal. Gypsy is a middle-eastern, Moroccan type place and we both ordered the lamb shish kabob (not as good as Mom's!!) which was nonetheless very good. After dinner, we moved outside to the patio where several people had ordered hookahs. The scented air was divine! We sat back and enjoyed our after dinner drinks and desserts. Snuffles ordered Turkish coffee and tiramisu; I had the Arabian hot mint tea and baklava. Everything was FABULOUS!!

My son says he wants to come down and take me to dinner before I leave for Korea so now I know where we are going. Yum!!

After getting home, Snuffles set up his PSP and looked through our purchases. He discovered that one of the movies, Labyrinth, was missing! We have the case but not the disc. Needless to say I am beyond irate about that. The GameStop store is a good 45 minutes away on the far side of town. I sent an email to their district manager since it was after hours and I will be calling first thing in the morning. One way or another they are going to remedy this without me spending time or gas to go back to that store.

Snuffles now has about 33 hours before he steps on the plane and heads off for Korea. I bet you can guess what we will be doing tomorrow! Yep, making sure that everything is sorted accordingly and ready to be packed up and shipped or stored.

With him gone, next week is going to be a whirlwind for me. Packers / movers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Everything has to be absolutely organized and ready and I am up to the challenge!

After that, it's just me, my air mattress and my laptop computer in this big apartment. It's going to feel so empty but I have a couple of new books, the internet and some computer games to keep me busy. Not to mention, the swimming pool and I will become very well acquainted when I have nothing but leisure time and very little to occupy me.

Wait, back up. NO TV!! Where did that sad little face get to? LOL!!

No comments: