Sunday, June 8, 2008

Here We Go!

Productive day today.

First the important stuff you are just dying to know about! The missing movie disc from last night!! I called the store first thing this morning and spoke with the manager on duty. He graciously offered to replace it, all I had to do was come into the store. I sweetly guided him to a better solution, where he called other Game Stop stores closer to me and located another copy of the disc so that I could go and pick it up without spending all that money in gas and wasting all my time. So I have to say, thank you Steve at the Converse Game Stop; he located another copy at a store very close to me and I was able to run and pick it up. I also managed to pick up a couple more movies to go with the PSP.

And, since I was in the area to get the disc, I scheduled a massage. I've had a membership at Massage Envy for a year and after today's massage, I have one more left on my membership. I'm saving that for either after the movers are done or after I lug all the leftover goodies to Goodwill.

Afterwards I stopped at Kohl's and picked up a couple pairs of shorts and some more sleeveless tops for the summer. They had a pretty good sale so I am happy. I haven't really bought new clothes for the summer in a couple of years and what I have is starting to show some wear. Although custom made clothing is readily available in Korea, I am a larger size than what is available off the rack there. With a hot summer on its way, I decided to be prepared when I land.

While I was out working myself to the bone (LOL!!) Snuffles was home doing the final sort through of his office and packing up his suitcases. Now he's sleeping soundly and I am drinking iced tea and keeping myself busy because . . . I will be staying up all night! His flight to Korea tomorrow leaves early early EARLY in the morning and I will be taking him to the airport at 4:00 AM. There is no point in my sleeping; in order to do so, I have to take my medicine or I won't sleep at all. It's a lot easier for me to just stay up all night and then nap a bit the next day.

So I am keeping myself busy watching some cable tv and I've just downloaded a game demo to play on my computer. I am also working on organizing his "sorted office" and it's a good thing I am doing so!

After he signed out of work and went on leave, I laundered his uniform so it would be clean and ready when he got to Korea. He is responsible for emptying the pockets and removing the belt because I tend to miss those things and end up washing more than just a uniform.

Today, in his packing frenzy, he turned the apartment upside down looking for his uniform belt. It's disappeared! Don't worry, there is a happy ending to this story, he just doesn't know it yet.

While I was sorting through his office, I found - in the back! of a bookcase - his belt! Hidden away! I have no idea how he managed to get it in there but at least it is now found and he will not be out of compliance with his uniform. He will be so happy when he gets up in the (middle of the night) morning.

I'm off now to keep myself busy and awake.

No comments: