Friday, June 13, 2008

The Art of Moving: Day 2

The loaders arrived around 9:30 AM. They asked about the Goodwill stuff in the bathroom and I again said help yourself! Hey, the less I have to drag down three flights of stairs and drive across town, the better.

First order of business? Shopping at the carolinkorea department store!! Once they finished making their selections, Albert, Lamar and Paul set right to work. Every piece of furniture was completely wrapped in padded paper before being loaded on the truck. I can't complain about the quality of the work, they all did a fabulous job.

About an hour into their work, Albert came to me with his cell phone. His sister, Liz, was one of the Rabid Raccoons. She sounded as though she was about to cry! She asked me to please write a note to her boss verifying that I had told the Rabid Raccoons that they could take the items they had. Their boss, Evil Edna, had accused them of stealing from me and when Rabid Raccoon said, "Call and ask her!", Evil Edna sneered, "I'm not going to waste my time."

That ticked me off. If you honestly think your employee is stealing from me, you'd damn well better call me.

I immediately wrote a letter explaining the situation and explaining that today's crew were also given items to take home. I also requested that Evil Edna call me immediately. It's been well over 24 hours and she has yet to call.

When it came time for lunch, I had to call for pizza since I didn't have much left from the day before. The boys really enjoyed the pizza and the cut veggies though.

Later in the afternoon, the Rabid Raccoons joined the day's crew to help get the job done. They all worked hard and constant but I did get a little irked when some of the crew started asking me to go get beer for them. Definitely against the rules, and at this point - well, I'm not their financial support system. I managed to defer the requests graciously.

Finally, around 8:30 PM, all of my HHG designated to be shipped to Korea were packed and loaded into the large wooden crates, almost six full crates in all!!

Day 3 is next!

No comments: