Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Et Cetera, Et Cetera, Et Cetera!

More sorting and organizing, but hey! the end is in sight!! I now have the dates for the packing / sending for the items to be stored while we are gone so as of June 13, everything I own except for what goes in my suitcase will be OUT OF HERE!!

Now that I have all the pack out dates, I was able to stop by the apartment complex office and give them my vacate notice. I've asked for June 30th, rather than the full 30 days but if I have to pay for the two days in July as well, it's only around $80. That certainly won't hurt us.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get my passport on the 13th too; wouldn't it be nice if everything fell into place as it should? I know, don't get my hopes up!! But at least I can stay here in the empty apartment until June 30th and after that if necessary I will ingratiate myself to my friends and invade their homes for a short while. I'm grateful to have such wonderful friends in my life!!

After spending yet another hot sweaty day clearing out cupboards and dragging items to their respective piles, I do believe that I shall treat myself to a movie tonight. I never really watched the series but I've caught some episode recently - looks like Sex and The City tonight for me! Theaters should be all but empty as kids are still in school yet (tomorrow is the last day) and it is a Tuesday night.

My mother-in-law is all set up now with Yahoo Messenger so that will help her keep in touch with us. I need to get my parents set up too.

Well, I'm off to shower off the grime of the day and head out for a little relaxation!

1 comment:

zen said...

Hey Carol
thanks for the link to keep in touch, hope all goes well with the move and look forward to blogging with you.
carol bostwick